- The Big Picture - http://www.ritholtz.com/blog -
Posted By Barry Ritholtz On May 28, 2005 @ 10:10 am In Trading | Comments Disabled
Nick Proffitt has a nice overview of classic Trading Mistakes .
– Letting small losses turn into large losses.
– Refusing to take a loss at all.
– Bottom fishing/Catching falling knives.
– Averaging down.
– Shorting bulls and buying bears.
– Confusing the company with its stock.
– Falling in love with a "story."
– Following the leader.
– Buying IPOs.
– Finding the Holy Grail.
– Excessive tape watching.
– Being undercapitalized.
– Letting the tax tail wag the stock dog.
– Relying on gurus.
– Thinking this market stuff is easy.
– Thinking rather than looking.
That’s just the list; its fully explained at Decision Point .
Why is common sense so uncommon?
Article printed from The Big Picture: http://www.ritholtz.com/blog
URL to article: http://www.ritholtz.com/blog/2005/05/trading-mistakes/
URLs in this post:
 Trading Mistakes: http://www.decisionpoint.com/TAcourse/TradeMistakes.html
Copyright © 2008 The Big Picture. All rights reserved.