- The Big Picture - http://www.ritholtz.com/blog -
Sunday Night Link Fest
Posted By Barry Ritholtz On June 5, 2005 @ 6:00 pm In Weblogs | Comments Disabled
Web surfing instead of wave surfing. That’s right, I’m stuck around the house on a gorgeous day fighting off a bad cold, instead of tearing up the waves on the the Great South Bay . Oh well, at least that left me time for a good linkfest:
• One of the oldest and best tech blogs/linkfests is Good Morning Silicon Valley . Its been freshened up recently, and is now more interactive. It’s a daily must read.
• Why do I think all the merger talk between online brokers is so
useless? Lack of differenciation between resellers of commodity
products. Instead, how about A Business Plan for the future of OnLine Trading? 
• Mike Panzner reviews the implications of inverted yield curve for equities 
• If you want to see the direction Television may be going in the future, check out Rocketboom  — a 3 minute daily video log (Monday-Friday).
• The iPod had a hiccup this week, so lets look past audio-only to some cool portable video-related gadgetry:
2) What would happen if a TiVo and an iPod were cross bred, and then had a 3.5" screen added? The $349 Flyboy from Video Without Borders  (disclosure: I own shares in VDWB).
3) Archos’ AV 700 Mobile Digital Video Recorder  with 7 inch screen! (way cool, but it better be for over $1,000!)
• Chris Anderson, editor in chief of Wired, gives six reasons why he prefers good blogs to most traditional journalism 
• Yet another reason for the decline of CDs and other traditional (and mostly analog) media:
Massively Multiplayer Online Games Explosive Growth 
• What’s one possible scenario for the market? A pullback for a week or two, then a strong rally into years end, and then — look out below. Enjoy It While It Lasts .
Thats it, from Robutussin central, where the DVD player has Kill Bill 1 & 2, National Treasure, and Closer queued up for the weekend . . .
Article printed from The Big Picture: http://www.ritholtz.com/blog
URL to article: http://www.ritholtz.com/blog/2005/06/sunday-night-link-fest/
URLs in this post:
 Great South Bay: http://ny.audubon.org/iba/greatsouthbay.html
 Apprenticed Investo: http://www.thestreet.com/tsc/landingpages/apprentice
 The Zen of Trading: http://www.thestreet.com/_rms/comment/barryritholtz/10226021.html
 Good Morning Silicon Valley: http://blogs.siliconvalley.com/gmsv/
 A Business Plan for the future of OnLine Trading?: http://bigpicture.typepad.com/comments/2005/06/on_line_trading.html
 implications of inverted yield curve for equities: http://bigpicture.typepad.com/comments/2005/06/implications_of.html
 Rocketboom: http://www.rocketboom.com/vlog/archives/2005/06/rb_05_jun_01.html
 Nyko MoviePlayer: http://www.nyko.com/nyko/products/?i=36
 animation: http://www.nyko.com/Img/Nyko/Extras/Videos/Files/MoviePlayerForiPod.mov
 Flyboy from Video Without Borders: https://www.vwbinc.com/secureorder.html
 AV 700 Mobile Digital Video Recorder: http://www.ritholtz.com/blog http://www.archos.com/products/prw_500715.html
 prefers good blogs to most traditional journalism: http://longtail.typepad.com/the_long_tail/2005/06/careerending_po.html
 Massively Multiplayer Online Games Explosive Growth: http://bigpicture.typepad.com/comments/2005/06/massively_multi.html
 Enjoy It While It Lasts: http://www.smartmoney.com/theproshop/index.cfm?story=20050602&pgnum=1
Copyright © 2008 The Big Picture. All rights reserved.