- The Big Picture - http://www.ritholtz.com/blog -
How to Avoid Being BlogBashed:
Posted By Barry Ritholtz On November 2, 2005 @ 8:37 pm In Weblogs | Comments Disabled
Maule’s suggestions as to how not to get "BlogBashed" are smart, simple and straightforward — pretty much guaranteeing that they will be mostly ignored by those who should instead be paying close attention to his wisdom.
Here are Jim’s top 10:
How to Avoid Being BlogBashed
1. Create quality products and services.
2. Sell what you advertise.
3. Make certain your products and services do what they claim to do.
4. Fully test and study your products and services before offering them for sale.
5. Disclose all risks posed to purchasers of your products and services.
6. Tell the truth.
7. Fulfill your warranty promises.
8. Don’t cut corners.
9. Comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
10. Don’t try to buy influence.
Jim advises: "Follow those principles and the bloggers won’t have any reason to bash
nor will they have anything or anyone to bash. They might even begin
singing your praises without having to be paid to do so. As for the
idiot bloggers who in turn lie, take the high road. . . "
I would add to Jim’s comments: Don’t Spam Blog comments, and don’t create phony Blogs pretending you are an independent consumer . . .
via Declan McCullaugh’s Politech 
Article printed from The Big Picture: http://www.ritholtz.com/blog
URL to article: http://www.ritholtz.com/blog/2005/11/how-to-avoid-being-blogbashed/
URLs in this post:
 Attack of the Blogs: http://bigpicture.typepad.com/comments/2005/10/attack_of_the_b.html
 Villanova University Law School: http://vls.law.villanova.edu/prof/maule/
 Jim Maule: http://www.mauledagain.blogspot.com/
 Declan McCullaugh’s Politech: http://www.politechbot.com/2005/11/02/how-to-avoid/
Copyright © 2008 The Big Picture. All rights reserved.