Late evening yesterday — straight from the show (where I was mediocre at best), change into a pair of Jeans, and then to Steely Dan at Jones Beach Theater.

If you have never seen a show there, its highly recomended — only 10,000 seats, outdoors, right on the water.

But I got home so late, couldn’t get to sleep til after 1 — ugh. No time to post, and I have a Bloomberg Radio at 9:30-10:00am

More later . . .

UPDATE: August 18, 2007 10:46am

Here’s a quick take on last night’s concert . . .

Category: Weblogs

20 Responses to “Late Nite; Posts coming after the open”

1. ERC Trading says:

Barry, you accomplish more in a single day than I do in an entire month. You are amazing.

2. Craig H says:

Despite a few bright spots like HPQ, tech is still a wreck. Witness Dell and Marvell.

P.S. – Hope Steely Dan played “Black Friday” in your honor. ;-)

3. David says:

Barry- No sweat brother, take the whole day off, you deserve it. Love the blog and respect you immensly as an investment manager. Have a great weekend.

4. BDG123 says:

Hey, I’d be interested in a post explaining where the name Steely Dan came from.

5. Craig says:

From Steely Dan.com…….

“With Fagen on keyboards and vocals and Becker on bass, they decide to sign up guitarist Jeff “Skunk” Baxter and drummer Jim Hodder. With the core band recruited, Donald and Walter need a name for their group. Since both of them were avid readers of 1950′s “Beat” literature, they decided to name the band “Steely Dan” after a dildo in William Burroughs’ “Naked Lunch.”

6. JW says:

If you enjoyed the Dan last night, then you’ll love the secret history of its genre – “Yacht Rock” – put together in 10 quick episodes for your viewing pleasure at channel101.com. Oh, and it’s hilarious too.

7. doh! says:

Don’t make me do it without my fez on! How was the show?

8. DBLWYO says:

The show was excellent. BR made many of the points about looking at trends and not data points he made earlier re:PPI. Do wish he’d pointed out Bloomberg’s own coverage had seen intermediate inflation (what was the #?) of 34% ? Also talked about a) thin rally with no volume to give it conviction, b) likely major downturn from long-in-the-tooth rally and unpredictabilities and c) considering cash and fixed income investments – especially if Fed is pausing.

On the other hand there was more ad airtime than discussion.

9. Craig says:

Uh, I think Doh! meant the SD show, not Bloomberg.

I do know Barry’s hair and tie were perfect on Bloomberg radio!

10. doh! says:

thanks Craig. You are correct, sir. How was the show, Larry, er Barry? LOL

11. The nice thing about the Bloomberg Radio show is you have sometime — the producers tell you “go long” as opposed to the typcial short soundbites

12. Mark says:

Sigh. Will we EVER see The Sweater again?

BR: In the Fall!

13. BDG123 says:

I know it’s a dildo. That’s why I posted the set up. DOH!

14. Mark says:

OT, ECRI weekly leading index (WLI) growth rate just in at -1.4%.

That’s the second consecutive decline. Stay tuned.

“B”- I got the set-up.

BR- Perhaps I can have the team work on a sleeveless version for you. Sort of a tennis-at-the-club-with-Larry style for summer wearing. Can’t see the horizontal striping though. It would have to be a light cableknit with some accent piping.

15. retired says:

Barry, I keep hearing chatter about intl developed mkts, particularly in europe, doing better than domestic as part of an intermediate trend. Valuations are soo much lower and growth is intact and sustainable. Is this your view, too, and does “better” mean still in the green are just any downturn not as deep in our domestic mkt? Generally, our mkts are well correlated regarding same direction. Thanks, new to website, great info, and great energy btw you and the readers.

16. Mark says:

NOW what is going on with TypeKey? It looks like we all decided the readership was sporting bifocals and hence we were to bold all entries.

17. M.Z. Forrest says:

Late night I suppose.

No need to be so bold.

18. Alaskan Pete says:

Someone didn’t close the bold tag in their comment, so I’ll try to close it here.

Nice setlist on that show. Too bad the ‘Dan wasn’t really touring in their prime. From the mid 70s until early 90s they rarely if ever played live.

19. Mark says:

A/P-

If you closed out your QQQQs when you said, you about top-ticked the damn thing. Nice trade.

20. Craig says:

Nice pitch B……sling that silver bullet over the plate anytime.