P1af691_securi_20060908221650

Source:
Economic Fears After 9/11 Proved Mostly Unfounded
Firms Didn’t Pile on Guards And Inventories, nor Did Delays Clog U.S. Ports
But Oil Has a ‘Terror Premium’

JON E. HILSENRATH and LIAM PLEVEN
WSJ, September 9, 2006; Page A1

Category: Economy, War/Defense

6 Responses to “U.S. Economy, post 9/11”

1. BDG123 says:

Looks like the economy is being held together with duct tape.

2. Gunther says:

If I look on this statistics, eveything looks fine. However, why was the fed in panic mode and slashed interest rates to 1%? Something does not makesense here, my guess points to this statistic.

3. financialrx says:

I find it hard to believe that in every facet of social and economic life we kept right on rolling along- nay, GOT BETTER!… oh, except for that pesky $25 terror premium in oil.

saying there’s a $25 terror premium is clever spin for the gobs of analysts and government representatives that have been reassuring the public by predicting oil will come down for however many years now.

Thus, “my oil price target is correct, it’s just we’ve got that dagblasted terror premium!”

Put another way, that Bill Gross “Dow 5000″ call was right on the money- except for that 100% Fed Liquidity Premium!”.

4. Michael C. says:

I guess I’ve been trained by this site to be a little too skeptical about everything coming out of the government – from economic data to whatever.

I’ve watched Loose Change and a few other 911 “conspiracy” videos, and they make me shudder.

From the tragedy and unimaginable loss suffered by many, there are also many agendas I’m sure which were fulfilled from this disaster.

May whoever was responsible rot in hell in their own burning flesh.

5. muckdog says:

Kind of like after hurricanes. A ton of money was dumped into the economy.

6. alexander bukinis says:

Transactions, accomplished on the international commodity exchanges are growing as well but the supply from the natural resources produces arent growing as fast… are we going to face a new price spike more significant and steady then anything of the past?