This is the coolest little app I’ve come across in a long long time:  iConcertCal is a free iTunes plug-in
that monitors your music library and generates a personalized calendar
of upcoming concerts in your city.

How cool is that?

Screenshot_small_mac

Update: February 5, 2007 4:18pm

I have had some stability problems with iTunes since installing this; Any import of a few songs at a time and iTunes crashes; Uninstall resolved the problem . . .

Category: Digital Media, Music, Web/Tech

8 Responses to “iConcertCal”

1. brion says:

froze me. itunes wouldn’t open. uninstalled….

2. Shore says:

Definitely cool. I got one installed on my iTunes.

3. Bluzer says:

A few things that are/were cool….

Beatles
    Heisenberg’s uncertainty
    Internet
    Himalayas
    Glen Gary Glen Ross
    Deviant Sex
    Big Sur

Even Penicillin for its time was cool
    but a errant erratic applet? C’mon Barry – get a life.

4. We have very different definitions of cool. (I love the Wood Man, but he’s no James Dean)

5. carl ocab says:

Beatles is cool!! i love them!! hahahaha but it’s up to you you define it

carl ocab

6. crack says:

The concept is cool, even if the FREE app isn’t quite fully baked.

People trying to show off with lists of things they think are cool are teh lam3rs.

7. Rob says:

I installed it about 10 days ago without any problems. For people who find this sort of thing cool, register with last.fm and use its events calendar feature. It basically tracks songs you play on your media players and creates events based on that. You can also see what other users with similar tastes are listening/going to.

8. GRL says:

Interesting letter by Steve Jobs:

I would only add that it is the height of arrogance for the music companies (or the movie studios) to think that their content is even worth owning, let alone copying.

Some is, but the vast majority isn’t. That’s why, when it comes to movies, I always rent before I buy. I wish I-Pod would do something like that for songs.