Pretty cool table, via doingbusiness.org looking at how easy or hard it is to do a variety of business functions in different countries around the world:

Doing_business

Category: Data Analysis, Politics, Taxes and Policy

10 Responses to “Ease of Doing Business by Country”

1. Florida says:

Totally off topic, but I’m sitting here watching the market completely give back all of its gains for the day in a very short period of time.

2. george says:

Overall…US–3…. Mexico–43

Ease of starting a business…Mexico…75…US 4

Registering property….Mexico 71…US 10

Enforcing contracts…Mexico…84…US 8.

Hmm.

3. Thatguy says:

How did Florida post a comment before the entry was even posted?!?!?!

4. Barry Ritholtz says:

I posted it back accident a day ago — and pulled it and set it to rerun toay

5. The Dirty Mac says:

Personally, I think that some market reforms would be very beneficial in bringing some peace to Iraq.

6. Florida says:

How did Florida post a comment before the entry was even posted?!?!?!

Posted by: Thatguy | Oct 12, 2007 3:34:28 PM

I was posting from a theoretical dimension. MU-HAH HAH!

7. Stuart says:

Hmmm…. Hong Kong #1 in enforcing contracts. I suppose. Dishonorably break a deal, you get killed. I guess that gets you #1 in that category.

8. dblwyo says:

Barry – weigh cool. Glad you posted it. Says a lot about how the world works and how we’d like it to work. In case anybody’s interested the World Bank’s done a very nice piece of work on intangibles and national performance – intangs being peace, security, property, rule of law, etc. etc. You know, all those neat things we take for granted and a lot of the world is just discovering:

Now the rankings in those tables can be really scary.

9. Jon H says:

So what kind of healthcare systems do Singapore and New Zealand have (in the latter case, I mean for people, not sheep)?

10. niti bhan says:

Affordable and excellent. Just moved to Singapore from CA, and as part of the employment paperwork was required to get a health checkup, HIV test and a chest X ray. Total cost? Singapore $50. Walk in to a clinic nearby, referred to the Xray place, again just walk in and minor wait. I have never felt so human in my life with the customer experience and friendliness throughout.