Here’s your quote of the day:

“On the Web site skateandannoy.com, where skaters trade tips about how to find and drain abandoned pools, one poster wrote about the current economic malaise. “God bless Greenspan,” the post read, “patron saint of pool skatin’.”

Too funny . . .
Here’s one of 12 photos

photo via NYT

Hat tip Oscar

Source:
Skaters Jump In as Foreclosures Drain the Pool
JESSE McKINLEY and MALIA WOLLAN
NYT, December 28, 2008

Category: Bailouts, Credit, Federal Reserve, Real Estate

10 Responses to “Alan Greenspan, Patron Saint of “Pool skatin’””

1. Thisson says:

I think you could make a similar remark about http://www.lolfed.com

2. donna says:

“What does it mean if Easy Al’s role in the entire boom/bust/collapse is now common knowledge amongst teenage hipster skater dudes?”

That I and other parents like me did a better job raising and educating my kids than Greenspan did running the economy?

3. maybe it means that the Young ones aren’t nearly the problem that the ‘Boomers’ are/will be..

4. So I guess this is the sequel to Dogtown & Z-Boys? Killer…

5. Winston Munn says:

I think it means the current generation is reading blogs instead of relying on the MSM .

6. patient renter says:

It means that as usual, the rest of the world is ahead of the media and the “experts” in ackowledging fact.

7. flipjes says:

We knew all along. That’s why we were skating when all the good people were soo busy investing. And guess what? In another couple of months, while we still have nothing, we’ll be richer than most of them.

8. bcasey says:

Although few could attest to the value of a foreclosed home, noone can attest to the value of unattended property to young skate punks, especially with well curved edges. While bankers sitting in their offices in lower manhattan call it toxic, the youths of today just call it rad, and get on with it.

9. While bankers sitting in their offices in lower manhattan call it toxic, the youths of today just call it rad, and get on with it.

It’s all fun and games until someone wipes out and breaks their neck.. Bet the banks will LOVE being on the hook for liability suits!

10. william says:

Funny how history repeats itself… My friends and I were doing the same thing in the late 70′s. (see Dogtown & Z-Boys above)