- The Big Picture - http://www.ritholtz.com/blog -
Foreclosures Rise 28%
Posted By Barry Ritholtz On December 11, 2008 @ 8:45 am In Credit,Markets,Real Estate | Comments Disabled
RealtyTrac released its November foreclosure numbers, and they were not pretty.
• November Foreclosure activity decreased 7% from October (the lowest level since June)
• Foreclosures up 28% from year ago levels;
• Foreclosure activity slowed in November due in part to recently enacted laws that have extended the foreclosure process in some states;
• 259,085 properties got a default notice or were warned of a pending auction or were foreclosed on last month;
Realtytrac VP Rick Sharga said: “We’re going to see a pretty significant storm next year. There are two or three clouds that suggest a pretty heavy downpour.” He expects monthly filings to move towards 303,000. The number of homes that revert to lenders, the last stage of foreclosure and known as “real estate owned” or REO properties, will increase to 1 million from as many as 880,000 this year, he said.
November Foreclosures: Naughty or Nice?
ForeclosurePulse, 12-10-2008 11:47 PM
FORECLOSURE ACTIVITY DECREASES 7 PERCENT IN NOVEMBER 
RealtyTrac, Dec. 11, 2008
Foreclosure Storm Will Hit U.S. in 2009 as Loan Changes Fail 
Bloomberg, Dec. 11 2008
Article printed from The Big Picture: http://www.ritholtz.com/blog
URL to article: http://www.ritholtz.com/blog/2008/12/foreclosures-rise-28/
URLs in this post:
 Image: http://www.realtytrac.com/MapSearch/FreeSearch.aspx
 FORECLOSURE ACTIVITY DECREASES 7 PERCENT IN NOVEMBER: http://www.realtytrac.com/ContentManagement/pressrelease.aspx?ChannelID=9&ItemID=5543&accnt=64847
 Foreclosure Storm Will Hit U.S. in 2009 as Loan Changes Fail: http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601213&sid=au1wYjy9hoSE&
Copyright © 2008 The Big Picture. All rights reserved.