That’s what you get when you merge Citigroup and Morgan Stanley . . .

Category: Humor, M&A

26 Responses to “Citi-Morg”

1. Its bouncing around trading desks today . . .

2. DL says:

Morgue city.

3. Mannwich says:

That is fantastic.

4. Mannwich says:

This is playing out just like I thought it would. Reality slowly sinking in. Not always right but this time I think I am. Look out below.

5. ware says:

You too could work in citistan — or as everyone calls it “shittystan”?

6. GloomBoom says:

What do you get if you cross Goldman Sachs with Citigroup?

Sachs and the citi.

7. if anyone wants to see, in crystallized form, the Nature of our, current, “FinServ”-Industry, they should check out: http://www.icerocket.com/search?tab=web&fr=h&q=primerica+financial+services

I’ve always found it interesting that this subsidiary of C, Primerica Financial Services, never received that much “Play” in the MSM..

A greater collection of sociopaths would be difficult to find..

Of course, there Are some in the FinServInd that do provide a tremendous service, they, sadly, though, are few, and far between..

8. DL says:

GloomBoom @ 3:20

Thank you, Jay Leno.

9. gnomic says:

By any name, this rose would stink.

10. Moss says:

I wonder what the new logo will be?

11. Lars39 says:

Citi-Morgue. Do we get an autopsy?

12. Gabriel says:

Smith Barney and Morgan Stanley are merging, so I think they’ll call it:
    BaMoStan

13. Mannwich says:

Alcoa reported brutal earnings just now. The bottom must be in.

14. mknowles says:

That’s where old CEOs, old BANKS, old IVY-LEAGUERS go for their autopsies… (sorry if you’re an ivy-leaguer with ethics, I exclude you.) We should make it a museum – Citi-Morg Financial Modernization Museum – so we never forget, like the holocaust… I’m serious. We could have portraits of all the Masters of the Universe and so on. This could actually be fun…

15. mknowles says:

Oh, forgot to add my mantra: GOLDMAN SACKS-USA

16. DL says:

I’m starting to wonder if Citi is going to get YET ANOTHER (goddamn) bailout. The stock price is getting near $5 again, they’re selling off part of the brokerage division, and Rubin is getting the boot. Signs that it could happen.

17. constantnormal says:

@ DL — remember, Obama is the president of HOPE — I just HOPE that we finally take Citigroup out behind the Fed and put it down. Either that, or dismember it in plain sight.

18. constantnormal says:

I woulda ended the previous post with an emoticon for a cynical smirk, but I don’t know what that one would be.

19. TrickStyle says:

@Mannwich: I think we’re going to see a pop when Obama takes office. Not fundamentally based, but a pop, nonetheless. The current S&P forecasts are cut in half, to 42.26. Are you betting that’s optimistic?

20. Mannwich says:

@TrickStyle: I agree that we could get another decent rally in the coming weeks but any stimulus will then be baked into the markets because it’s become a fait accompli. Once reality hits that things won’t likely get any better, and in fact will get much worse in the next 6-9 months, we’re testing those prior lows and probably breaching them.

I think 42.26 for S&P is getting closer to reality, which will be more like around 35-38 or even a bit lower when all is said and done.

21. AndrewShaw says:

Macke on Fast Money tonite: compared either Citi or MS to a moldy couch with crabs that you leave out on the curb. Too funny, I hope he gets to keep his job.

22. “Citi-Morg”

slogan:

Where your money goes to die.

And he has experience with this how? ;)

23. BrianSJ says:

Lars 39
    Autopsy could be the new computerized behavioural investing. Auto-psy. Sorry, still waking up

24. Jeroen says:

A classic case of Rigor MorCiti …

25. Drewbie says:

Interestingly (or not) citigroup appears to have owned citimorg.com since 2005.

It’s like this whole sh!tpile was planned well in advance.

26. TrickStyle says:

@Mannwich – Oddly, Roubini’s blog has earnings at 50 to 60. Interesting.