This list is interesting as it raises even more questions: How many of these do you own the CD of? How many do you own legally? How many have you borrowed or downloaded?
(Being a middle-aged white guy, I only have the Coldplay and Jack Johnson in CD form)
1. LIL WAYNE, “Tha Carter III” (Cash Money/Universal Motown); 2.87 million
2. COLDPLAY, “Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends” (Capitol); 2.14 million
3. TAYLOR SWIFT, “Fearless” (Big Machine); 2.11 million
4. KID ROCK, “Rock N Roll Jesus” (Atlantic); 2.02 million
5. AC/DC, “Black Ice” (Columbia); 1.92 million
6. TAYLOR SWIFT, “Taylor Swift” (Big Machine); 1.6 million
7. METALLICA, “Death Magnetic” (Warner Brothers); 1.57 million
8. T. I., “Paper Trail” (Grand Hustle/Atlantic); 1.52 million
9. JACK JOHNSON, “Sleep Through the Static” (Brushfire/Universal); 1.49 million
10. BEYONCé, “I Am … Sasha Fierce” (Music World/Columbia); 1.46 million
Data via Nielsen SoundScan
The Top-Selling Albums of 2008
NYT, December 31, 2008
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.