bp-kindle

As you have requested, The Big Picture is now available on the Kindle:

What was kinda weird is that I have no control over the pricing, availablility, etc.

Category: Technology, Weblogs

11 Responses to “The Big Picture (Kindle Edition)”

1. David Yaseen says:

When will Bailout Nation be available for Kindle?

2. Iguanadon says:

This is great, thanks for letting us know. I just signed up for it. I hope you get a portion of the big monthly fee. ;-)

3. akreitman says:

Just out of curosity, what’s the revenue model? How much do you get? How much does wordpress get? Is it Amazon just pulling the rss feed?

BR: No idea — you submit the URL, and they determine the price.

4. buckykatt says:

Nice! The more distribution of your material the better.

5. matt says:

It’s nice that big-time bloggers have another source of revenue, but I have a hard time understanding why anyone would pay $2 for free content. Convenience, right? It’s not that convenient.

6. alfred e says:

Amazon has caught a lot of flack recently for bullying people around and setting pricing conditions.

Another oligopoly?

7. Steve Barry says:

I’m sure they are out there…but I personally have never seen a Kindle in public and know no person who either owns one or has ever mentioned one.

8. alfred e,

less ‘Oligopoly’, more ‘Walled Garden’.

see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walled_garden_(media)

wikipedia gets this one correct.

further: http://www.oligopolywatch.com/

9. Bob A says:

why the hell does anybody own a kindle?

10. Bob A says:

Well Jeff Macke used to mention his all the time but IM PRETTY SURE HE DIDNT PAY FOR IT HIMSELF ya think?

11. GregMoon says:

Steve Barry, Bob A…think back to 30 years ago, then replace the word “Kindle” in your comments with the phrase “mobile phone.” A Kindle-like device will be what your grandkids use for their school textbooks. They’ll wonder why we dedicate entire rooms of our homes to housing paper books that are non-unsearchable and often non-portable. My Kindle goes with me everywhere. I can’t say the same for my extensive paper library. The society will continue to move toward mobility and ubiquity, even if some of us don’t see a reason to.