Interesting results of Merrill’s Monthly Manager Survey: It seems that most managers are very upbeat about the economy and the state of corporate health:
• Cash balances plunge to 3.5%, lowest since July’07;
• Highest equity allocation (34% from 7%) since Oct’07;
• Bond allocation (-28% from -12%) lowest since April’07.
• Tech (28%) is the most favored sector everywhere;
• 75% believe the world economy will strengthen in the coming 12 months (highest reading since November 2003 and up from 63% in July).
• 70% of the panel respondents expect global corporate profits to rise in the coming year, up from 51% last month.
• Confidence about corporate health is at its highest since January 2004
While I keep hearing about cash on the sidelines,. the professionals seem to be “All In.”
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.