Happy 98th bank failure!

10-2-09 Bank Failures

Courtesy of Ron Griess of The Chart Store

Category: Bailouts, Credit

8 Responses to “Bank Failures Reported by FDIC”

1. godly says:

I guess this is nothing. It is the only the beginning of the END for US banking as we know it.

1800 banks are slated to fail and in terrible shape. That is nearly 20% of the overall banks. We will see a repeat of the great depression banking closure. Sit tight fellas…

I think the bottomline is dollar is forcefully and structurally being devalued and that is the only way out of this mess.

2. mathman says:

. . . on the way to 1800, i read somewhere . . .
    and then there’s this: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_meltdown_banks

3. godly says:

why are you guys editing my comments? Are we not allowed to paste links to site from where analysis is taken ?
    Fresbee

GA Alpha Fund

EDITOR: Multiple URLs are what spammers do, and each time you do that your comments are flagged by Word Press as spam advertisements.

The preferred comment etiquette is to put a LINK to what you are referencing in the URL portion of the comment, and/or embed a single HTML link.

The purpose of comments are to discuss the post, not to advertise other goods and services.

4. pravin404 says:

There is another graph of bank failures showing monthly bank failures at

There is a drop in bank failures since the high of 24 bank failures in July.

5. manhattanguy says:

So what? Goldman sachs put out a report today saying that we should buy large banks with both our hands.

6. godly says:

ok.
    How is giving updates to articles advertising? For example I cant paste a chart in the comment section, about banking failures. Can I? Hence I need to refer it back to the site from where I took it.

Anyways cool thanks for your help

Fresbee
    GA Alpha Fund

7. Onlooker from Troy says:

godly

It’s been clear for some time that you’re making a concerted effort to spam your links and none others. Sorry, I call ‘em like I see ‘em.

8. GBSD says:

Were there actually no bank failures nationwide yesterday, Oct 9th? I can’t find any record of any? Is this attributable to the 3-day banking weekend due to Columbus Day Federal Holiday on Monday, or is FDIC marshalling resources for a large bank next week?