If you are anywhere near a radio Tuesday morning, I will be the guest host of “Bloomberg Surveillance” with Ken Prewitt from 7:00am to 10:00 am. (Tom Keene is in Davos)

You can catch my dulcet tones live, or via podcast at either Bloomberg or at iTunes.

The lineup for tomorrow is top notch:

7:07a Jeffrey Saut
7:37a Jim Bianco
8:07a David Rosenberg (for the entire hour)
9:07a Brad Hunter of MetroStudy to cover Case/Shiller
9:37a Josh Rosner

As you can see, I cheated, stacking the guest list with very insightful people who will make my job easier.

Tune in — should be fun!

Category: Media

13 Responses to “Guest Hosting Bloomberg 1/26, 7:00-10:00 am”

1. johnborchers says:

I think I have the real apple numbers. If someone else could please review and let me know what you think or if I am wrong that would be great.

New accounting = 3.67
    Old accounting = 2.08 (Thomson #)

Apple guiding for 2.12 next Q

Well if you use algebra to interpolate the # then you get 1.20 EPS for next Q

How to get that?

3.67 over 2.08 = 2.12 over X

Look up calculating proportions

The guidence misses the next quarter hugely. The guidence is for $1.20 EPS on the mid range.

2. JohnDoe says:

In the words of Borat, “wow wow wee waa! ” That is truly an all-star lineup. Very nice Barry.

3. TakBak04 says:

OMG, BR…since you are known for your “colorful language” (as another blogger described it) do you think you can work in this comment?

“I just have to ask: WTF do these people get their ginormous cojones from? Do they have a tailor on call to let out their inseam to make room for their balls ? ”

Hey…it’s colorful and while I assume being pegged for “colorful language,” along with stellar commentary is a plus
    some of us hope you don’t turn into Rahm Emmanuel….or maybe you ARE Rahm’s Alter Ego!

If So…then I hope you get Rahm’s job if Obama is looking for a great mind with “colorful language” who will turn that SHIP AROUND!

LOL’s….just chiding…that really was a good one that you said when you blew the cork off the bottle earlier today, posted it here, then it disappeared. Did your own filter here delete your message until you fixed that one posted in RAGE?

:-)

4. Mike in Nola says:

Should be a fun watch. Putting a reminder in Outlook now.

BTW, have something new to make you apoplectic. Saw it on ZH, but it actually comes from Hussman and seems probable given what happened at Xmas.

How to spend $1.5 trillion without Congressional approval

Step 1: Federal Reserve purchases $1.5 trillion in Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac securities, creating $1.5 trillion of monetary base to pay for these purchases.

Step 2: U.S. Treasury quietly announces unlimited support for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac on December 24, 2009, exploiting a loophole in a 2008 law that was originally written to insure a maximum of $300 billion in total mortgage principal (not losses, but principal).

Step 3: Over the next several quarters, the U.S. Treasury issues $1.5 trillion in new Treasury debt to the public, taking in the $1.5 trillion in base money created by the Fed in Step 1.

Step 4: U.S. Treasury hands that $1.5 trillion in proceeds from the new debt issuance to Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.

Step 5: Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac use the proceeds to redeem the $1.5 trillion in mortgage securities held by the Fed, thus reversing the Fed’s transactions in Step 1, without the need for any other “unwinding” transactions (watch). The base money created by the Fed comes back to the Fed, and the mortgage securities purchased by the Fed disappear, by burdening the American public with a new, equivalent obligation in the form of U.S. government debt.

Outcome: The Federal Reserve closes its positions in Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac securities, the quantity of outstanding Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac liabilities declines by $1.5 trillion, thus allowing their remaining assets repay the remaining liabilities without a $1.5 trillion hole of insolvency, and the outstanding quantity of U.S. Treasury debt expands by $1.5 trillion in order to protect the lenders, while ordinary Americans continue to lose their homes and jobs.

Throughout this crisis, the ultimate objective of Bernanke and Geithner has consistently been to protect the bondholders. This objective will not change unless the leadership changes.

5. John Clarke says:

Jeff Saut and Jim Bianco should be interesting, especially their respective outlooks on the Markets.
    But hell, I would gladly PAY A FEE for the Rosenberg hour…

6. Fredex says:

just so everyone understands, you will pay a fee. Bloomberg Surveillance went behind a paywall a couple of months ago.

7. JasRas says:

Kudos to Fredex for pointing this out… It is really quite annoying that they have gone the subscription route because while I enjoyed their banter with their guests, the guests rarely deviate from what is available to me via print–for free. Although I do like Ken and Tom’s voices–they remind me of the A.M. shows my grandfather would listen to when I was a child. Ken’s voice is right off of WOWO or WLS out of Chicago…

I guess money from Advertisers just isn’t enough…

8. Boots or Hearts says:

Excellent lineup, thanks for the heads up

9. That is an awful lot of educating for one day let alone a whole week. Are you sure the public can handle it?

Have fun!

10. TakBak04 says:

BR, that was a very informative listen. Particularly Rosenberg and Rosner. Quite sobering.

Thanks for the heads up on the lineup.

11. littlej says:

I was home sick and was able to listen and enjoyed very much your guest hosting. It would nice to see f you hosting a PBS weekly show that is a cross between the old Wall Street Week and Washington Week in review. It would be fun to look forward to viewing something like that on a Friday evening each week. Just a thought.

12. emcsull says:

So how can I listen to this in retrospect already ? I have poked around on the bloomberg website but lost patience.

Thanks