I did a podcast last week, for those of you who cannot get enough of my dulcet nasal tones.

Note: I found the download was easier than the live play in terms of bandwidth.

Click for audio

Category: Media, Podcast

9 Responses to “Podcast: Bailouts, the Fed, and the Crisis”

1. callistenes says:

Aww BR that nasal tone cheers me up cause I know its the straight skinny and no BS

2. constantnormal says:

As I note the ongoing Ritholtz-fest of self-referential pieces in the recent past, and mindful of your observation about the NYT going “Media Crazy” last week [http://www.ritholtz.com/blog/2010/03/nyt-goes-media-crazy/], it is with the humblest and purest of motives that I suggest you launch a new sidebar section, called “Me”.

(I’m trying hard not be snarky here, and I am, even as I type, downloading this 73-minute slug of your dulcet tones — so please don’t take offense, as none was intended)

3. Mannwich says:

@constant: LOL! Great idea though.

4. When I didn’t post the Yahoo Tech Ticker, people complained.

Now, we have had a spate of recent media, and so they all go up on the site (and people complain).

Hey, at least I didn’t link to this in today’s reads . . .

5. Mannwich says:

It’s all in good fun, BR. Just busting your chops a bit. It’s all good.

6. TakBak04 says:

Please keep the Video’s coming …

7. Mike in Nola says:

I second the others. Maybe someday when we emerge from the mess of moving I can even listen to these.

8. clawback says:

Awesome interview. Russ Roberts is good on the issues with most things, but I had no idea how much he knew about the bailouts and the financial crisis. Most economists only have a bird’s-eye view of what happened — and so they miss a lot. Roberts didn’t miss much.

BR, I don’t know if it was intentional or not, but you scored huge points with the GMU crowd when you started talking about counterfactuals and how you can only point to the jobs “saved” by various bailouts, not the total long-term clusterfuck created in the process. They eat that stuff up.

9. constantnormal says:

I’m just finishing listening to the podcast, and I really think it’s the best bit of audio (or video) that you’re done (at least that I’m aware of, and I’m a Ritholtz connoisseur). I’m trumpeting it out to all my peeps, as a “must listen” thing to somehow fit into their busy lives.

And I still think you should give consideration to aggregating these audio & video snippets of “prime Ritholtz” into a section on the site called “Me”. Or if you’re still wary of that name, you can inject a bit of humility by dropping the capitalization — “me”.