With equities markets now up for the fourth consecutive quarter, Barron’s takes a look at a few of the details:
• S&P 500 index gain from the March ’09 low to Q1 close: 73.5%:
• The Dow Jones Industrial Average gained 4.1% –its best Q1 performance since 1999 (both points and %)
• Russell 2000 index of small-cap stocks Q1 gain: 8.5%:
• Average number of stocks reaching new 52-week intraday highs each day during Q1: 228
And let me add this:
• The Nasdaq Comp is up over 90% from the March ’09 lows, while the Dow Transports gained~106% !
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.