Quite a few terrific articles worth reading to finish your weekend or start your week:
• Martin Wolf: Demand shortfall casts doubt on early austerity (FT.com)
• Debt is Still the Major Problem and Deflation is the Painful Solution (Comstock Partners)
• The three biggest lies about the economy (Marketwatch)
• Show Him the Money: Tom Donohue scares millions of dollars out of corporations and Republicans. But is his U.S. Chamber of Commerce good for business? (Washington Monthly)
• Gold is not as expensive as it seems (The Economist)
• The Con of the Decade: the transfer of private debt to the public (the marks), who then pays interest forever to the con artists (Of Two Minds)
• James K. Galbraith: The key to financial recovery: restoring the rule of law on Wall Street. (The New Republic)
• 27,000 abandoned oil and gas wells in Gulf of Mexico ignored by government, industry (NOLA.com)
• The kiss of the death cross (Marketwatch)
• Tips on Settling Defaulted Federal Student Loans (NYT Bucks)
• Judge slams, slashes “unconstitutional” $675,000 P2P award (Ars Technica)
• Wow, OT Victory for Spain. (ESPN)
Enjoy the World Cup — Overtime!
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.