- The Big Picture - http://www.ritholtz.com/blog -
2010 M&A by the Numbers (1H)
Posted By Barry Ritholtz On August 22, 2010 @ 12:30 pm In M&A | Comments Disabled
Barron’s  has some interesting data points on deal activity in 2010:
• 1,701: volume of deals in the first half, about stable with the like period in 2009
• $362 billion: total value of deals in the first half
• 8.7%: rise in first-half deal value from the 2009 period
• $41.6 billion: value of private-equity exits in the period, versus $35 billion in all of 2009
All data via Mergermarket and Merrill DataSite.
Article printed from The Big Picture: http://www.ritholtz.com/blog
URL to article: http://www.ritholtz.com/blog/2010/08/2010-ma-by-the-numbers/
URLs in this post:
 Barron’s: http://online.barrons.com/article/SB50001424052970203661304575439483328161468.html
Copyright © 2008 The Big Picture. All rights reserved.