Succinct summation of week’s events:

Positives

1)Shanghai index closes up on the week and near highest since May on goldilocks theme 2)JoC index of 18 industrial materials also at highest level since May 3)Good #’s from European banks, RBS, Lloyds, BCS, BNP and HSBC 4)Greece gets high 5 from IMF and EU 5)ISM mfr’g and services indices better than expected 6)Savings Rate at 6.4% rises to one yr high 7)Fed may continue to purchase assets,

Negatives

1)Fed may continue to purchase assets, enough already, the strategy isn’t working and Fed policy over the past 10 yrs is a disaster 2)July Payrolls disappoint 3)ISM mfr’g and services indices below the 6 month avg 4)ABC confidence matches lowest since Oct ’09 5)June Pending Home Sales unexpectedly drop even after sharp decline in May 6)June income and spending below forecasts 7)Rising commodity prices and potential inflation impact 8)Weaker Chinese mfr’g data

Category: Uncategorized

Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.

4 Responses to “Succinct summation of week’s events”

  1. VennData says:

    Positive: Muslim-Baiting GOP Candidate Loses House Primary

    http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2010/08/muslim-baiting-gop-candidate-loses-house-primary—-just-barely.php

    Negative: The 30% of the GOP electorate who still voted for the Muslim-bating GOP Candidate.

    That must be the Fringe element that Peggy Noonan is talking about here:

    http://online.wsj.com/article/NA_WSJ_PUB:declarations.html

    …if Peggy would even site some data in one of her spiels, we’d know that her America is only that fringe 30% of the GOP. Hats off to the other 70%, who are real Americans.

    All-in-all a positive week for America.

  2. davefromcarolina says:

    Peter, are you really not going to mention unemployment numbers? Or is that just, you know, discounted?

  3. davefromcarolina says:

    Never mind, just saw it in “Macro Notes.” Still don’t see how 1/10th of an hour increase in hours worked is much of a positive…

  4. michaelismoe says:

    Never mind, just saw it in “Macro Notes.” Still don’t see how 1/10th of an hour increase in hours worked is much of a positive…

    Hey six minutes is more than 16% of the population worked last month (U6)