I’ve spilled so many pixels on Lehman Brothers, I have almost nothing new left to add.
For those of you newer to the site, however, here are a few of the Big Picture’s “Greatest Hits” regarding Lehman:
• 2 years ago today, we wrote: The Terrible Lessons of Bear Stearns (as applied to LEH)
• Dick Fuld’s Fantastic Revisionism ! (September 2nd, 2010)
• 2008 Bailout Counter-Factual (August 17th, 2010)
• Charlie Gasparino Owes David Einhorn (and me) an Apology (March 12th, 2010) (Video here)
• Financial Sector: Beware LEH, CIT (June 3rd, 2008)
• Causation Analysis: What “But Fors” Caused the Crisis ? (February 3rd, 2010)
• Bailout Skyline (February 2nd, 2010)
• Who Bears the Costs of Post-Crisis Recovery ? (January 20th, 2010)
• Wages of Failure: Exec Comp at Bear, Lehman 2000-08 (January 11th, 2010)
• Bear Stearns, Lehman Execs Kept Billions . . . (November 23rd, 2009)
Anyone interested in an exhaustive review can see every bailout post — all 1,534 of them — by clicking here
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.