By popular request, I have been tweeting more.

Why? Because what this nation needs more of is gross over simplification of nuanced, complex issues.

But mostly, ’cause you guys asked for it. In addition to the usual fare, stuff that is simply to small for the blog finds it way there. I try to focus on interesting, money-making or amusing stuff. Occassionally, we hit the trifecta.

Towards that end, please sign into to Twitter (or StockTwits) and sign up to follow @Ritholtz at Twitter.

I’ll try to make it worth your while . . .

Category: Web/Tech

16 Responses to “@Ritholtz”

1. nickso says:

Dear Barry,

Actually, I’ll agree with you. I like the tweets to make me aware of headlines, but reducing, as you say, complex issues to a one liner is negative for all of us. Funny and money-making stuff ( … so much for not crowding a trade by announcing it on twitter :-D ) is always good, no matter the length.

Best,
    Nick

2. IS_LM says:

BR, the Republicans on the Financial Crisis Inquiry Committee are about to blame the entire financial crisis F/F/CRA. Worthy of a tweet?

BR: No, thats a full post

3. IS_LM says:

crisis on F/F/CRA

4. Tweet! I mean, Sweet.

5. nemo says:

Barry, please do not tweet at all. Tweeting is for empty-headed 14-year-olds.

6. VennData says:

I prefer to receive my tweets in haiku, possible?

7. louis says:

“Barry, please do not tweet at all. Tweeting is for empty-headed 14-year-olds.”

Agreed.

8. Joe says:

Just because everybody wants it does not make it right. That said, I feel strongly about it both ways… When I’m home and trading the market with multiple screens, tweets are just one more source. When I’m at work and doing a rolling offset under the clean room floor, I’ve got no use for tweets and would hate to not have something in the end of the day’s multi-source multi-hour data review that was important because it was already tweeted. I gotta blow a huge amount of possibly important and readily available stuff off and ignoring tweets on a work day is a good place to start. So as long as tweets are disposable real time information, great…. if it still has major relevance at the end of the day, not even a little bit.

That said, the blog is your call…. let us know your decision.

9. Tim says:

BR- Please don’t! Your brain will turn to mush, and you’ll be of no use to us anymore!

10. I suppose the one area Tweeting could be good for is real time trading signals. Have you thought about tying that in with some of your services somehow?

11. secular bear says:

I’m going to give it a try [most of the bloggers are lousy in tweeting, well most people are], but please no New Post kind of tweets.

12. Sarge says:

I’ve got an account but never use it. I’ll give it another try but doubt I’ll really find much use for 140 character brain farts. Don’t do any real time trading so that part wouldn’t do me any good anyway.

13. Livermore Shimervore says:

are there any SERIOUS Wall Street types that use tweeter? Timmy G works in govt so that doesn’t count.

p.s.
    If either the facbook boy genius or the Tweeter duo think they’re really worth billions then the IPO tech bubble of the late 90′s was just a big misunderstanding. Yahoo, GeoCities, MySpace all learned a hard lesson on how quickly you can become yesterday’s news when something ‘cooler’ or better designed turns up. Just a snap of the fingers and buh bye billionaire club membership. The money investors are now pouring into Tweeter and FB remind me of the herd pouring money into every web 1.0 craze.

14. nicholasteague says:

Barry kudos for embracing twitter. While you’re still listening to audience suggestions why not add a retweet button to the “share” section of your blog posts? I hear Yahoo is canceling Delicious – maybe you could replace that one.

For all those twitter haters out there – what you don’t realize is that twitter is the blogging medium for many important thinkers (admittedly mostly in the tech and VC industries, but growing in the investor community) who don’t have the time or the inclination to manage a full scale blog. Yes a tweet is limited to 140 characters, but those 140 can easily contain a shortened HTML link.

BR: That’s coming in the next update — this weekend!

15. Maseratij says:

Since your take advice, it is recommended that you include links to source material in your posts on Twitter. The short description is meant as an alert of news, often time pointing to a more detailed description. sarc.

The interval for getting into my rss feed seems to be increasing to such a point that whole days of news become “read” with nothing more than a click of a button. Twitter allows a stream that can be captured during the day. Thank you for your Twitter posts, as they go a long way in the maturation of the platform.