Via Mint, timely for those of us in Northern climes, for the rest of you, be quiet and enjoy your weather!

Category: Current Affairs, Digital Media

10 Responses to “The Blizzard Economy”

1. DrungoHazewood says:

The Sun is shinning and the birds are tweeting. After this Winter, 50 feels like 70. There are benefits living in the land of the toothless. This Summer though will be hot enough to melt lead based on weather patterns of the last few years. Just means I’ll be able to eat as much salt laden food as I like, and not have my doctor freak out over my blood pressure.

2. Mannwich says:

Contractors here in MN seem to be busy though – getting rid of ice dams and cleaning up/fixing the interior messes left behind.

3. gringo says:

Every year the same old wining from the NE. Boo Hoo. Move already !

4. John says:

Barry,

The graphic states “The U.S. Federal Government loses about $100 million a day in productivity when it shuts down for snow.” Full analysis should include how much the country gains when the government is shut down.

5. They also tend to create mini baby booms. The longer the blizzard the bigger the boom.

6. rip says:

@Common Man: Great point. Let’s all us guys pray for more snow storms.

7. DiggidyDan says:

Come on down to Florida, everybody! We have lots of foreclosed houses going for cheap these days that could use occupants!

8. jswap says:

yeah, it’s surprising that winter came this year

9. Greg0658 says:

jswap .. I hear that tone .. whatever change thats going on – its not your problem – it someone elses – and I’m hedged for it

10. victor says:

This demonstrates rigorously and mathematically that Global Warming is real and upon us and we aint seen nothing yet. I shudder at the mere thought of how much colder and blizzardly would be out there without Global Warming; yeah, I know, don’t confuse weather with climate, the science is settled; all skeptics should finally shut up and move to Santa Barbara’s Montecito enclave where all pretty people live. A first buyer’s little mansion, not too far from Al’s can be snagged for a mere couple of three-four million bucks.