The recent a merger chatter between the NYSE and the Deutsche Börse got us wondering: How might life at the NYSE change under their new German management?
10. Effective immediately: No more bell ringing when Chairman David Hasselhoff has a hangover.
9. NYSE changes its tagline to “Das Equities.”
8. Sylvia Wadhwa on the cover of the annual NYSE Calendar
7. All Dark Pools will be delicious Bavarian Chocolate
6. Dick Grasso’s honorary new title: der Führer
5. Merger is the last of Germany’s wartime reparations to the Jews (And they really mean it this time!)
4. The new Art Cashin Biergarten presents ‘Stocktoberfest’!
3. Parisian counter-parties surrender rather than take the other side of trades.
2. Color-coded lederhosen for specialists, runners and floortraders.
1. Once a year, pretend Nasdaq is Poland and invade.
by Barry Ritholtz and Josh Brown
Any other changes we missed?
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.