Some interesting reading to start off your week:
• Scenes From the Madoff Masquerade (NYT)
• Roger Lowenstein: Buffett on the Spot, or What were you thinking, Warren? (Newsweek)
• How Your Journalism Sausage Gets Made (Forbes, Part One and Part Two)
• Lawyers got it right on the foreclosure mess (WaPo) See also Warning signs of foreclosure crisis were ignored (WaPo)
• Nassim Taleb on Living with Black Swans (Knowledge@Wharton)
• Don’t let banks gamble with taxpayer money (FT.com)
• Bill Gross Battles Dealers on Outlook as Treasuries Gain (Bloomberg)
• The Sharing Economy (Fast Company)
• What Lucky People Do Different (Jonathan Fields)
• Rude Boys: The birth of the Beastie Boys—an oral history on the 25th anniversary of Licensed to Ill (NY Mag) I’m more of a Paul’s Boutique kinda guy
What are you reading?
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.