Today’s reading list:

• Apple IPad’s ‘Buzz Saw’ Success Cuts PC Sales at HP, Dell (Bloomberg)
• Against the ‘strong dollar.’ And the ‘weak dollar.’ (Washington Post)
• Rating Agencies Face Crackdown (Dealbook)
• Some Simple Deficit Reduction Arithmetic (The Street Light)
• Foreign Buyers Getting Firesale Prices on U.S. Housing (Real Time Economics) They don’t draw a salary in dollars!
• Gasoline Tax Rates by State (GasPriceWatch)
• Why Does a Salad Cost More Than A Big Mac? Um, Farm Subsidies? (Good Medicine)
• Wikipedia And The Death Of The Expert (The Awl)
• Playboy Interview: Marshall McLuhan (Next Nature.net)
• Space Shuttle Twitpic Launches Woman to Tweeting Fame (Mashable)

What are you reading ?

Category: Financial Press

9 Responses to “Mid-Week Reads”

1. Petey Wheatstraw says:

A better way to reduce the deficit and balance the budget:

2. ToNYC says:

Thanks for providing a link to the great Herbert Marshall McLuhan who told me in 1964 that the only game in town was the transfer of information. Your next job may be in your head.

3. Lariat1 says:

Employment rates for new graduates have fallen sharply and lower pay scale for those who find work. NY Times article. I would link but at the moment my phone is smarter than me and I can copy but can’t paste. Sorry.

4. MacroEconomist says:

Barry,

I am reading about your boy Ben Stein…

Anxiously waiting for you to tear him a new one…

5. Eliza says:

Add Carl Levin’s remarks published by the Financial Times, and Yves Smith’s assessment.

6. rktbrkr says:

Hmmm, new college grads amking 10% less than a couple years ago – not to mention their unemployment rate. Starting their working years on a 10% lower trajectory – and these are the lucky ones!

7. Lariat1 says:

@rktbrkt: Thanks, that’s the link I was trying to post. Anyone with college age children should be very concerned. The high school kids today aren’t stupid. They see what is happening and some have a healthy disgust for how the” grownups” are running things. It is going to be a lot tougher for them than I think we even realize.