Here are today’s favorite reads:
• Foreclosures crush home prices (CNN Money) See also Federal Retreat on Bigger Loans Rattles Housing (NY Times)
• The theory of rockets and parachutes: a primer on US gasoline prices (The Barrel)
• What the Mafia teaches about fiscal policy (Olaf Storbeck)
• The Bond Vigilante (The Atlantic)
• Faulty Towers: The Crisis in Higher Education (The Nation)
• The great corporate tax swindle (Guardian)
• A Crude Guess About The Future (Freakonomics)
• Unspoken Truths (Vanity Fair)
• Trader Joe’s Joe: Joe Coulombe (LA Times)
• Is College a Rotten Investment? (Slate)
• The Tragedy of Sarah Palin (The Atlantic) In Alaska, she was a bi-partisan legislator who focused on the states’ problems. What went wrong?
What are you reading?
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.