Once you digest today’s punk unemployment data, here are some worthwhile Friday reads:
• Chinese Economic Slowdown May Lead to 75% Plunge in Commodities, S&P Says (Bloomberg)
• The Rising Price of Oil and the Quality of Your Asparagus (Daily Reckoning)
• Battle of the fund titans:
. . . .-David Einhorn’s Speech at the Sohn Conference (Insider Monkey)
. . . .-Bruce Berkowitz: ‘Beat the Pack by Breaking From It’ (Seeking Alpha)
• The Death of the American Dream I (American Interest)
• Daily Price Indexes show inflation is tame (Billion Prices Project)
• When Washington Took On Wall Street (Vanity Fair)
• Study finds many corporations pay tax rate of effectively zero (The Hill) see also GE, Exxon, 10 Other Major Corporations Paid Negative Tax Rate (MoJo)
• Huge data dump: Statistics from A to Z – Beta version (OECD)
• Killer App: Army Tests Smartphones for Combat (WSJ)
• Practical Tips on Writing a Book from 23 Brilliant Authors (Neuro Tribes)
What are you reading?
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.