Some reads for the rest of the weekend:
• Taking wrong lessons from the banking crisis. (David Olive’s Everybody’s Business)
• The Great Corn Con (NYT)
• Whither Greece? (Truman Factor)
• Austerity Is Already Here, and It’s Killing the Recovery (The Atlantic) see also Mr Keynes and the moderns (Vox)
• Madoff Trustee Demands $19 Billion in Damages (Bloomberg)
• Why Do Airlines Always Lose Money? Hint: It’s Not Due to Taxes or Fuel Costs (Freakonomics)
• Silly Liberals and Their So-Called “Facts” (Plain Blog About Politics) see also If Congress Does Nothing, The Deficit Will Disappear (Talking Points Memo)
• Scorecasting: Swing for the Fences (London Review of Books)
• Misfires in Marketing at BlackBerry (WSJ)
• Practical Tips on Writing a Book from 23 Brilliant Authors (Neuro Tribes)
What are you reading?
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.