Some links for today:
• Once the Debt Ceiling Is Hiked, Markets Have to Confront Slower Growth (Barron’s) see also Default a ‘Black Turkey’ as Advisers Tell Investors Not To Sell (Bloomberg)
• How Our Economy Was Overrun by Monsters & What to Do About It (Harvard Business Rev);
• Missing Milton Friedman (The Economist) see also A great divide holds back the relevance of economists (Reuters)
• A Daunting Path to Prosperity (NYT)
• U.S. Contingency Plan Gives Bondholders Priority (Bloomberg) see also Roach Says Chinese Officials ‘Appalled’ by Impasse on Raising Debt Ceiling (Bloomberg)
• Dream Cars You Coveted in High School, but Brand New (WSJ)
• Former Intel Chief: Call Off The Drone War (And Maybe the Whole War on Terror) (Wired)
• John McCain Now Should Probably Talk to John McCain in 2010 (The Rude Pundit)
• 30 All-TIME Best Music Videos (Time)
• A Bad Girl With a Touch of Genius (NYT)
What are you reading?
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.