Some interesting reads for Monday:
• Prepare for a rough ride, US warns world stock markets (The Telegraph)
• China to Wall Street via the Side-Door Shuffle (NYT)
• The Future of Economic Growth (Project Syndicate)
• Who Rules America? An Investment Manager Breaks Down the Economic Top 1%, Says 0.1% Controls Political and Legislative Process (Amped Status)
• Return of Mass Layoffs a Grim Sign for U.S. Workers (Yahoo Finance)
• Smash The Debt Ceiling (New Yorker) see also Wall Street Set to Act on Default, But How? (WSJ)
• China Property loans halted in 2nd and 3rd-tier cities (China Daily)
• Oil at $120 Becomes Biggest Energy Bet as Futures Leave Forecasters Behind (Bloomberg) see also BP Breakup Could Unlock $100B, JPM Says (Bloomberg)
• When Patents Attack (NPR)
• Hulu, Billed as Tomorrow’s TV, Looks Boxed In (NYT)
What are you reading?
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.