Hey, I have electricity in the office! A welcome change from what the weekend storm damage wrought. If I actually had electrical power, this is what I would be reading:
• This curious title requires a closer look: S&P 500 at Reagan Recession Values After $2.3 Trillion Drop (Businessweek)
• Robust Profits Face Hurdles (WSJ) see also Consumer fears put economy on the brink (Washington Post)
• Europe’s Big Mistake (New Yorker)
• Hussman’s Unhedged Recession Call: A Reprieve from Misguided Recklessness (Hussman Funds)
• Alan Krueger to chair CEA (WSJ) was called an “excellent choice” by George W Bush’s CEA Chair (Greg Mankiw)
• The Rescue That Missed Main Street (NYT) see also A how-to guide for fixing America’s banks (Washington Post)
• Dollar Cheap in Purchasing Power as Investors See Shelter (Businessweek)
• Recovering From a Balance-Sheet Recession (Economix)
• Tim Cook: Apple’s New CEO and the Most Powerful Gay Man in America (Gawker) see also Don’t ignore Tim Cook’s sexuality (Salmon)
• How Hard Is It To Get a Cartoon Into The New Yorker? (Slate)
What are you reading?
via Gaping Void
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.