Today’s reading list brought to you politics-as-usual:
• Smoke, Mirrors, and Obama’s Humbling (New Yorker) see also Taibbi on Debt Ceiling Deal: The Democrats Take a Dive (Rolling Stone)
• Deficit-Cutters Ignore El-Erian’s Growth ‘Denominator’ (Bloomberg)
• Why We Deregulated the Banks (NYT) see also Revolving Door at S.E.C. Is Hurdle to Crisis Cleanup (Deal Book)
• Opinion: GOP’s ‘alternate universe’ (Politico)
….-That Monolithic Tea Party Just Wasn’t There (NYT)
….-Tea Party’s War on America (NYT)
• Twitter gets $800m investment (Times Live)
• How Dell Has Reinvented Itself (Fast Company) see also Apple Reveals iCloud Details and Pricing (NYT)
• News Of The World Also Accused Of Computer Hacking, Mass E-Mail Deletion (Talking Points Memo)
• Dan Ariely on Behavioural Economics (The Browser)
• Amusing: Matrimonial Moneyball (Grantland)
What are you reading?
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.