Some interesting reads for Saturday afternoon:
• Market Rout Claims New Victim as Investors Dump Gold, Silver to Pay for Losses (WSJ) see also Gold Rush Wanes as Hedge Funds Sell (NYT)
• Is stock market replaying decade of the 1930s? (Market Watch) see also Art Cashin: Eye Of The Storm (WSJ)
• Greek Crisis Comes 24 Centuries After First Default (Bloomberg)
• ‘Buffett Rule’ Is More Complicated Than Politics Suggest (NYT)
• China, Driver of World Economy, May Be Slowing (NYT)
• Bank Mortgage Kickback Scheme Thrived Amid Regulatory Inaction (American Banker) see also Countrywide protected fraudsters by silencing whistleblowers, say former employees (I Watch News)
• Amazon’s Next Kindle May Challenge IPad’s Reign (Bloomberg)
• Particles Moved Faster Than Speed of Light? (National Geographic) see also Speedy Particles Put Einstein to the Test (WSJ)
• Suit Throws Open Window Into Mets Owners’ Holdings and History (NYT)
• R.E.M. In the Real World – Rolling Stone’s 1987 Cover Story (Rolling Stone)
What are you reading?
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.