My morning reads:
• Bank of America Deathwatch: Moves Risky Derivatives from Holding Company to Taxpayer-Backstopped Depository (Naked Capitalism)
• I doubt it: Gloom Grips Consumers, and It May Be Home Prices (NYT)
• Audi-Ford Auto Price Gap Widest Since 1999 (Bloomberg)
• Goldman Loss Offers a Bad Omen for Wall Street (DealBook) see also Goldman Tells a Tale of Two Banks (WSJ)
• Citigroup Closing Proprietary Unit After Equity Trading Rout (Bloomberg)
• A year later everyone is catching on about Fed policy and net interest margins (Credit Writedowns)
• Highest Paying Jobs in the US (Visualizing Economics)
• To renew U.S., rebuild infrastructure (Politico)
• GOP Debate two-fer:
…..-The Five Take Home Lessons From The Las Vegas GOP Debate (TPM)
…..-GOP: ‘Deregulate Wall Street!’ (Washington Post)
• Dropbox: The Inside Story Of Tech’s Hottest Startup (Forbes)
What are you reading?
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.