My afternoon train reading:

• Why I was wrong on Banks, by Dick Bove (FT Alphaville)
• Daniel Kahneman Answers Your Behavioral Economics Questions (Freakonomics)
• Jeremy Grantham Calls Corporate Profits “Freakish” (Bloomberg)
• No new drugs? Blame Wall Street (Fortune)
• Great Scott! Dunder Mifflin Morphs Into Real-Life Brand of Copy Paper (WSJ)
• Austerity Is Bad for Us and No Fun (Part 1): James Livingston (Bloomberg)
• The Rise and Fall of Bitcoin (Wired)
• Google +1 Looks to Crash Facebook Gathering (WSJ)
• What Really Happened to Strauss-Kahn? (NY Books)
Today’s WTF headline: ‘Harry Potter and yoga are evil’, says Catholic Church exorcist (Telegraph)

What are you reading?

Dilbert.com

Category: Financial Press

13 Responses to “10 Monday PM Reads”

1. maddog2020 says:

Holy sh*t, I have yoga class in an hour! I knew there was something freaky about my insanely hot instructor.

2. T_S says:

Well I guess it is a a one-way trip to hell for me. My yoga-instructor wife got me hooked on the Harry Potter books and I have read all of them several times.

At least maybe I can kick Dick Bove’s butt in hell; surely he’ll be there for still failing to realize he knows zip about modern banking.

3. SOP says:

” Austerity Is Bad for Us and No Fun (Part 1): James Livingston (Bloomberg)”

James Livingston is an adult-sized child.

Another one-trick ponies who does not understand exponents or ecology (see “Wake Up” above – by Jeremy Grantham for explanations on both).

4. SOP says:

Coming to the USA soon ???

UK wants pension cash to help ailing economy

* Govt targets pension funds for spending boost

( I really apologize, but I have been reading a lot today ;)

5. Sechel says:

About Grantham..
    Reversion to the mean is a powerful force, and not to be underestimated. If you are a buy and hold investor…..take note.

6. slowkarma says:

Correlation does *imply* causation, in one direction or the other. It does not prove it.

When I go to yoga, I offer up my suffering to the Blessed Virgin Mary. Does that make me a bad person?

7. dbrodess says:

Where there’s smoke, there’s fire… it just may be in a different cubicle.

8. SOP says:

Sechel – absolutely agree.

Based on what he is saying publicly Gratham is grossly underestimating what we are facing this decade, let alone the next “50 years.” What he thinks privately may be another matter.