Here is your afternoon train reading:
• Buybacks Surge as S&P 500 Trades at Discount (Bloomberg)
• Could India Go the Way of Greece and Italy? (The Street)
• Supreme Court to hear dispute on health care law (USA Today)
• Investor anthropology and the hegemony of technical analysis (Interloper)
• Spotlight Fixed on Geithner, a Man Obama Fought to Keep (NYT) see also The Wonk Who Slays Washington (Daily Beast)
• Jeff Bezos Owns the Web in More Ways Than You Think (Wired)
• Neanderthal Neuroscience (Discover)
• The Quiz Daniel Kahneman Wants You to Fail (Vanity Fair) see also The Backfire Effect (You Are Not So Smart)
• New Documentary Says Gulf Oil Spill Crisis Isn’t Over (Forbes)
• Monoculture: How Our Era’s Dominant Story Shapes Our Lives (Brain Pickings)
What are you reading?
hat tip Demographic of One
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.