Good to be back at my desk. Here are the items that caught my eye this morning:
• S&P 500 Fails Second Time to Stay Above 200-Day Average After Jumping 20% (Bloomberg) see also Fear of Contagion Rocks Markets (NYT)
• Economy, lack of engineers could hinder U.S. innovation (USA Today)
• Hard evidence: Bailed out banks take more risk (Credit Writedowns)
• China’s elite have new international outlook (FT.com)
• MERS Update: Multidistrict litigation decision (Calculated Risk)
• MF Global’s Customer Assets STOLEN – Is Anything You Hold In This System Safe? (Jesse’s Cafe)
• Solar Glut to Worsen After Prices Plunge 93% on Rising Supply (Bloomberg) see also Solar is getting cheaper, but how far can it go? (Washington Post)
• Michael Lewis: The King of Human Error (Vanity Fair)
• Good news, and bad, from insiders (Market Watch)
• Where to find new scholarly research papers: 30 key, free websites (Roddy Macleod) see also Google’s Chief Works to Trim a Bloated Ship (NYT)
What are you reading?
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.