Interesting day, to say the least. Here is my reading for the train ride home:
• Fed paper: Chance of 2012 U.S. recession tops 50% (Reuters) see also The Federal Reserve’s Dual Mandate (Fed Chicago)
• The euro is dead. Long live the euro. (Market Watch)
• AIG Resists ‘Back-Door Bailout’ for Banks in Obama Mortgage-Refi Proposal (Bloomberg) see also Haldane says banks still too much of a black box (Reuters)
• Krugman vs Summers: The debate (Reuters)
• Global X Social Media ETF Goes Live (Index Universe)
• Ethically Challenged Congress Needs Law or Code Banning Insider Trading (Daily Beast) see also Spencer Bachus’ real sin isn’t insider trading (Salon)
• The Inefficiency of Local Food (Freakonomics)
• These May Be The Droids Farmers Are Looking For (Wired)
• Key To Long-Term Dominance? Marketing Fades, But Product Always Lasts (Fast CoDesign)
• Elizabeth Warren hit airwaves with first TV ad (Washington Post)
What are you reading?
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.