Afternoon LIRR reading:
• Nobel economist: Euro zone needs own bonds and tax (Reuters) see also Downgrade Threat Irks Governments (WSJ)
• Tiny Tax on Financial Trades Gains Advocates (NYT)
• Don’t get mad at Wall Street, get even (Market Watch)
• Municipal Finance in the Face of Falling Property Values (Cleveland Fed)
• Swaps & Derivatives Traders in a Tizzy (Court House News)
• Raising Taxes on the Rich: Not Whether, but How (Economix) see also Tax Rates, Inequality and the 1% (WSJ)
• We Still Shop at the Mall for a Bunch of Reasons (Atlantic Wire)
• Derek Boogaard: A Brain ‘Going Bad’ (NYT)
• Newt’s second act (NY Post) see also Obama Could Win if GOP Blocks Payroll Tax Cut (The Fiscal Times)
• The 45 Most Powerful Images Of 2011 (Buzz Feed)
What are you reading?
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.