Here are my morning reads of interest:
• Berlin May Have to Nationalize Giant Commerzbank (Spiegel Online)
• Should Fed Refocus on Money Supply? (WSJ) see also Bernanke Favored by 71% in Investor Poll Preferring Fed Over ECB (Bloomberg)
• Stress Test Reveals European Banks Need More Capital (DealBook) see also Don’t fear the death of excess debt (Reuters)
• Eurozone countries new treaty excludes Britain (Guardian)see also Franco-British Alarm of 1989 Comes True as Merkel Calls EU Shots (Bloomberg)
• Household Net Worth declines $2.4 Trillion in Q3 (Calculated Risk)
• MF Global
……-CFTC: MF Global Customers Have Priority In This Bankruptcy (Jesse’s Café Américain)
……-The Great Wall St re-hypothecation scandal (Reuters)
• A Would-Be Ratings Agency Without Rose-Colored Glasses (DealBook)
• What price the new democracy? Goldman Sachs conquers Europe (Independent) see also EU Leaders Drop Demands for Investor Write-Offs (Bloomberg)
• Out-of-body experience: Master of illusion (Nature)
• The Health Risks of Being Left-Handed (WSJ)
What are you reading?
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.