Our favorite collection of sentiment cycle charts — updated . . .

Category: Cycles, Psychology

15 Responses to “Psy Cycle (Updated)”

1. NoKidding says:

Never average in to a loser.

2. dougc says:

If everybody was an intelligent investor who would hold the stocks during the downturn?

3. WFTA says:

So exactly where are we on the curve as of 12/20/2011?
    Happy holidays.

4. Francisco Bandres de Abarca says:

For the year nearly ended, perhaps a chart depicting the psycho-social dynamics of churning ourselves sideways over the months might be appropriate.

5. mathman says:

Yeah, but see, how does news like this factor in our decision making?:

“Tings aina lookin’ too good ow dey.”

6. cortezj29 says:

For the past 6 months the peak to trough on these charts represents about 5 trading days.

7. gordo365 says:

Apparently – I’m at the point of maximum opportunity. Nov 21st was most important trading day for me in 2011. That is the day I said “I hate the F#(*ing stock market”. Barely looked at stock prices since.

I don’t think my retirement 401k will double in my lifetime – yet alone double multiple times – which is what I was promised in 1998 — and which is what I need to retire in 20 years.

Wall street is run by crooks with super computers. The rich aren’t winning – they are cheating.

Peace out.

8. canoles says:

only thing missing is the “you are here” label.

9. gman says:

We are in a brave new world…one that feels like a violent sideways trading range from 1100-1250 will exist for decades!

10. algernon32 says:

How quaint!

How do the high frequency trading algorithms, mini and maxi flash crashes, government market interventions and movements within those oh so dark pools of hidden liquidity factor in?

Terminator trading: network computers. New… powerful… hooked into everything, trusted to run it all. They say it got smart, a new order of intelligence. Then it saw all people as a threat, not just the ones on the other side of the trade. Decided our fate in a microsecond: extermination, all stocks were bid to zero.

11. [...] The Big Picture Share this:TwitterFacebookLike this:LikeBe the first to like this [...]

12. [...] Last week, we ran this series of Sentiment charts. [...]

13. [...] not mad right now… As your doctor, I’ll remind to keep the one of the many “psychology of a market cycle” charts (via Ritholtz) close, checking your state of mind and overall psyche about your positions & [...]