My afternoon train reading:
• Berlin May Have to Nationalize Giant Commerzbank (Spiegel)
• Day Traders: The Wild West of Finance (NYT Sunday Mag)
• The King of Human Error (Vanity Fair)
• MF Global and the great Wall St re-hypothecation scandal (Reuters)
• Former FDIC Chief Bair Calls for Stiffer Rules on Leverage (Bloomberg) see also Why No Financial Crisis Prosecutions? (Pro Publica)
• Britain Suffers as a Bystander to the Euro’s Crisis (NYT)
• For the Families of Some Debtors, Death Offers No Respite (WSJ)
• Unleash the Entrepreneurs (City Journal)
• Is Free Will an Illusion? (Scientific American)
• Gingrich, Backed By Ethanol Lobby, Supports Subsidy (TPM)
What’s on your Instapaper?
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.