My afternoon train reading:
• Amid the Gloom, U.S. Economy Quietly Improves (The Daily Beast)
• Reading Fiction Will Make You a Better Investor (Interloping)
• Where Is the Volcker Rule? (Economix) see also SEC Cops Want to Fight U.S. Judge (WSJ)
• Iraq war ends with a $4 trillion IOU (Marketwatch)
• Banks See Their Footprint Downsized in 2011 (Yahoo Finance) see also Europe Strains World’s Banks (WSJ)
• U.S. Shoppers Foot Bill for Soaring Pay in China (WSJ)
• Interview – MIT’s Daron Acemoglu on Inequality (The Browser)
• A Never Before Seen Optical Trick Creates Ultra-Secure Cash (Fast Company)
• The Post Office as State-Business Hybrid (Common Place)
• The disappearance of the elephant caused the rise of modern man 400,000 years ago (Physorg)
What are you reading?
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.