My morning reads:
• U.S. Economic Data is Surprising Forecasters (Bloomberg) but see Retail Sales in U.S. Climbed Less Than Forecast (Bloomberg)
• Which Country Defaults Next? (Japan) (Montley Fool)
• EU Banks Selling ‘Crown Jewels’ for Cash (Bloomberg) see also Pondering a Dire Day: Leaving the Euro (NYT)
• Bernanke’s Legacy at Fed: Still a Lagging Indicator (WSJ)
• China’s housing bubble is losing air (LA Times)
• No One Says Who Took $586 Billion in Fed Swaps Done in Anonymity (Bloomberg) see also Are There Limits of Bigger Penalties in Fighting Financial Crime? (DealBook)
• Home Bargains Abound, But Willing Lenders Are Rare Breed (WSJ) see also Banks in Push for RoboSigning Pact (WSJ)
• Hedgies vs Obama (Reuters)
• From Garage To World’s Most Famous Company (Computer History)
• Unsubscribe (James Altucher)
What are you reading?
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.