++ Click Image to Enlarge ++
What Makes Someone Leave A Website?
Source: What Makes Someone Leave A Website?

Category: Digital Media, Web/Tech

11 Responses to “What Makes Someone Leave A Website?”

1. A7L-B says:

Priceless…

2. Julia Chestnut says:

Gawker’s redesign is a classic study in what not to do. WOW, that sight is a struggle now.

3. Grego says:

“Don’t use typefaces that … have poor contrast.”. Fail. Next?

4. WallaWalla says:

Sadly, my health insurance website is the worst. The design is so bad it seems intentional.

5. pecker says:

I leave as soon as it gets political. You may as well argue over who’s got the best religion.

6. peachin says:

organization – why did they come to your website – are all the important things readily available and to the point. No distractions – flashing advertising…w/little side videos, etc.

General to specific – important and non wordy. short sentences – good sentence structure – draw them to something unique and then point the way – read my blog – and just go down the subjects – provocative, surprising – pictures that draw to words…. make controversial points and be controversial….

btw barry you are very good at it!!!!!

7. mathman says:

i admire, respect and visit your website often because
    a) i learn from you, your guest posters and the commentariat
    b) it’s inclusive and allows any educated person to visit, comment, and get feedback
    c) it’s topical and includes not only financial direction and strategies but also all the connected issues like the environment, politics and movements, and topics like health care, art, fashion, music, gift ideas, automobile and electronic gadget revues, and commentary on the state of the nation and world (especially with respect to economists and banking, but some good stuff on the political situations that result from same).

Thanks! Keep up the good work!

8. rktbrkr says:

Karl Denninger threw me out of MarketTticker because he said my use of the term “teabagger” was a sexual connotation, I told him beauty was in the eye of the beholder.

I seldom go to Mish’s site anymore, he became a one note Johnny about firing muni workers.

9. perra says:

BR, I recommend the book “Don’t Make Me Think“. It is the best book ever written about webdesign. Don’t remember the author’s name, but have internalized most of his advice. Can’t recommend this book enough.

10. Chad says:

#4 Obtrusive use of video and audio – Definitely the worst one in my opinion. Of course, I also group all widgets that slow down your computer like all the social media links as pop ups in this category. Speed and pertinent information are the biggest keys.

11. victor says:

One of my children designs websites for a living. I sent this piece to her. She answered: I know all that Dad; but a lot of owners INSIST on bad designs just because THEY like it that way. I suspect that many IT managers and upper management are their worst enemies when they insist on certain features for their Companies’ websites, features that result in less not more eyeballs.