My train reading:
• U.S. retail sales rise scant 0.1% in December (Market Watch)
• Why Zombie Banks Hate to Write Off Bad Loans (Bloomberg) see also Banking Overhaul Reflects New, Leaner Era (WSJ)
• The view from SocGen Conference (Economist)
• Foreclosure filings hit four-year low in 2011 (Reuters) see also Foreclosures expected to rise, pushing home prices lower (LA Times)
• Why Merrill Lynch’s small-account penalty is a big mistake (Investment News)
• Here’s A Credit Card That Looks To Trap ID Thieves By Making Them Think They’re Clever (Consumerist)
• Study Confirms: News Networks Owned By SOPA Supporters… Are Ignoring SOPA/PIPA (TechDirt)
• Big Banks Struggle to Help Customers on Twitter (NYT)
• Conservative activists scrambling for a strategy to block Romney (Washington Post)
• Equal time: The Year of Microsoft (Slate)
What are you reading?
Source: LA Times
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.