Some interesting reads to start your morning:
• Senate clears way for vote on insider-trading ban (Associated Press)
• Hindsight Bias and Spurious Correlations: Why Wall Street is rooting for the Giants (Market Watch) (not cause they are the local home team?)
• Sarkozy’s German fixation (The Economist)
• Short China: Its commodities bubble is set to pop (Market Watch)
• Europe’s new fiscal pact raises hopes (FT.com) see also EU Nears Greek Confrontation Amid Fiscal Pact (Bloomberg)
• My boi Chris Whalen gets the full Dealbook profile: New Fund Hopes to Prove Thesis of Outspoken Analyst (DealBook)
• Munis Cruise Through a Scorching January (Institutional Risk Analytics)
• Facebook’s Yahoo! Patent Problem (The Street)
• 5 reasons why Florida’s primary matters more than SC (Tampa Bay)
• Why the Clean Tech Boom Went Bust (Wired)
What are you reading?
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.