My afternoon train reading:
• The end of mutual funds is coming (Fortune)
• On Hoover’s Attempts to Rescue the Banks (Bloomberg)
• Obama to Use Pension Funds of Ordinary Americans to Pay for Bank Mortgage “Settlement” (Naked Capitalism) see also Investors eagerly eye U.S. foreclosure rental plan (Market Watch)
• Look to history for profitable stockpicking (FT.com)
• Private Inequity (New Yorker) see also Buffett Blames Congress for Romney’s 15% Rate (Bloomberg)
• On Economists and Psychopaths (Tim Iacono)
• The GOP’s suicide march (Washington Post) see also How conservatives lie about government (Salon)
• Let the Robot Drive: The Autonomous Car of the Future Is Here (Wired)
• Evolution Is Still Happening: Beneficial Mutations in Humans (Big Think)
• More US Consumers Choosing Smartphones as Apple Closes the Gap on Android (Nielson Wire)
What are you reading?
How Cheap is Apple?
Source Ivan Hoff Capital
Category: Financial Press