My afternoon train reading:
• It’s a girl: The three deadliest words in the world (Independent)
• The Myth of Japan’s Failure (NYT)
• WTF? The Correlation of Laughter at FOMC Meetings (Daily Stag Hunt)
• Dwelling In Uncertainty (Hussman Funds)
• About Those Eight Million “Lost” Jobs… (Tim Iacono)
• Factbox: What happens if Greece defaults? (Reuters) see also Here’s how much Austrian banks are on the sovereign debt hook for (Credit Writedowns)
• The Massendowngrade Effect (EconoMonitor)
• Google Rallies Opposition to Murdoch-Backed Anti-Piracy Bill (Businessweek) see also Thirty Years Before SOPA, MPAA Feared the VCR (Forbes)
• How Stanley Kubrick Invented the Modern Box-Office Report (By Accident) (Moviefone)
• Crowded Republican Senate Primary Field Poses Hazards for Party (Bloomberg)
What are you reading?
The rise and fall of personal computing
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.